I know we have all had those days when we just don’t feel like doing anything extra when we awaken in the morning, much less add makeup to our faces. It’s bad enough we have to get up and actually put clothes on, but even on a bad day adding a little makeup is pushing it. Nevertheless, being a busy diva means that you cannot just leave the house looking any old kind of way. Indeed, Beyonce’ woke up like that, but that isn’t the case for many of us. Therefore, perfection requires work.
Likewise, that doesn’t mean that you’re not already cute, but I mean kickass caliber. I’m ready for my close-up kind of cute. That takes a little more work. For all of you lazy glamazons that want to look great with as little effort as possible, I have created a quick guide to help create an easy makeup job for a lazy day. Follow these steps and you will totally not look like you’re just winging it.
- Get plenty of rest at night. It’s hard work trying to fix tired, puffy eyes when you don’t feel like it or are in a hurry. If you don’t want to have to do extra work on your lazy makeup days, then girl, get some sleep.
- Always clean your face before bed and when you awaken in the morning. I suspect Picasso never started one of his masterpieces on a messy canvas and neither should you. Clean your face daily and save yourself some work trying to cover up blemishes or breakouts. It will make a tremendous difference when you’re in a rush and you don’t want to have to work that hard.
- Skip the foundation. Instead, blot concealer on strategically placed problem areas. For instance, if you’re trying to cover dark spots, blot your concealer on the dark spots you want to cover only. Then blend. Concealer will give you more even coverage.
- Make sure your lashes are on point. If you don’t wear lashes, then use a great mascara. Lashes can make a huge differences in waking up your face. If you are a lash gal, like me, then you already know to keep those lashes in good shape especially for lazy makeup days.
- Groom your eye brows. Period. Point blank. If your eye brows aren’t nicely groomed, then your makeup will look lazy. I’m sorry, but it will. You can get away with a lot, but not bad eye brows. Don’t be lazy with them!
- Finally, top it all off with a pop of color on your lips. I suggest lip gloss and not lipstick. Since you’re not wearing a lot of makeup and this is the lazy guide, then you want to look like you’re not trying too hard. Lip gloss is sexier and a lot less hassle.
This about sums it up. Inevitably, we all have those days where we need a quick fix for a lazy day. Try these tricks and tell me how they work for you. Let me know what you think below.