It is officially Spring and what better way to start it off than with Spring cleaning. Since this blog is about makeup, we are going to focus on spring cleaning our makeup bags. Each year we purchase and accumulate all kinds of products that we have great intentions on using, but somehow never do for whatever reason. Most of these products come with expiration dates. Today, we are going to focus on the products that you need to get rid of that are probably well beyond the expiration. Here’s my top ten list of items that you need to get rid of if it’s just taking up space in your makeup bag.
- Mascara- I don’t care how expensive it is. Mascara comes with an expiration date. If you have had it longer than three months, then it’s time to get rid of it. If not, mascara is one of those products that can carry lot of bacteria. If you don’t want to risk getting some type of eye infection, I encourage you to get rid of that old mascara. It’s just collecting dust…and more bacteria.
- Foundation-Foundation gets old and watery. It’s just ineffective if you allow it to get that way. Who wants to put on extra streaky foundation that’s watered down? I promise you the outcome won’t be your desired look so just throw it away and start over.
- Liquid concealer- Liquid concealer is foundation on a smaller scale. Therefore, the same rules as #2 applies. Just get rid of it.
- Liquid Eyeliner -Anything that is liquid has the ability to become ineffective after about 4-5 months, especially if you’re not using it. Rule of thumb-if it’s watery, then it’s probably of no use.
- Eye Lash Glue- Bonding glue is the worse because after a nonuse it become porous and the adhesive is not going to stick. Therefore, you should throw away your lash glue after 6 months. I’ve tested this practice, as well, and it’s definitely no good after 5-6 months.