Are you looking for the best self-care tips during quarantine? If so, I’ve created a list of ideas for you to consider this Summer. According to the latest news reports, Covid-19 cases are increasing in certain areas. This means that quarantine is far from over. As a result, many of us will be relegated back to our homes to sit out the remainder of this pandemic until it’s safe to go out again.
Since Covid-19 poses such an obvious threat to our health, now is a great time to stay at home and practice self-care. Our ability to overcome this pandemic will be directly tied to our ability to seriously care for ourselves and others. I want to give you a few tips on great self-care tips that you can start during this quarantine.
- Unplug. I’m not just talking about your cell phones or televisions. I’m talking about your radio, your voices in your head, your social media, your computers, your electrical devices, or anything that can cause any type of distraction. Unplug it and walk away for at least one hour. Oftentimes, we are stressed out because we have too many things going on inside our heads and distracting us from our peace. The best way to take care of yourself is to eliminate anything that steals your peace and joy. I bet when you start unplugging some things and allowing yourself to think clearly without distraction, then you can enjoy the beauty of your space.
- Take a hot Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Bath. Since you’re unplugging, follow your peace and quiet ritual up with hot steam and add pink Himalayan sea salt to your bath to release some toxins from your body! Then, just enjoy true zen. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt is good for hydration and relaxing your muscles. This will help you unwind and relax every bone in your body.
- Try a clay skincare mask. Clay masks are good for detoxifying and purifying the skin. Clay masks also provide a clear and clean feel of your skin.
- Declutter. Self-care doesn’t just involve physical care, but mental care, as well. Clean your space in your home, your office, and your care so that you can gain clarity.
- Find a wise man or woman. As you start to gain clarity in your life, now is a good time to seek out those wiser than you to help answer any life questions you might have a need for answers. Find people who have lived longer than you and who can pass along their wisdom.
- Pay it forward. It is always better to give than receive. The feeling that you experience after you’ve helped someone is priceless. The reward is often great.
- Watch the sunrise….and set. If you’ve never seen one, then you’re missing out on a treat. Find the best spot in town to watch a sunset and a beautiful sunrise. Be sure to remember that the sun always rises in the east and sets in the west. No matter where you are this will apply. Make sure you find the right elevation so that you can get the best view. Thank me later…
- Prepare yourself a five-course meal. You don’t have to go to a five-star restaurant to get a five-course meal. Prepare your own. Get your salad, soup, appetizer, entree’, desert, and wine selection. Then just enjoy the beauty of your succulent meal. You didn’t even have to go to Nobu to get that.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. Self-care includes sleep. Lack of sleep is an extreme lack of self-care. Rest is the ultimate self-care tip! Without it, you become very susceptible to sickness. If you wanna strengthen your immune system, get you some rest!
- Have tea/coffee with the Creator. Wake up early after your eight hours of sleep and beautiful sunrise session and talk to God. Nothing connects you more to the universe than intimate talks with God. Ask Him questions and open your spiritual ears so that you can hear the response. Allow the love of the Creator to fill you with limitless joy and peace.
For more ideas about things that you can do during quarantine, you should read my post 5 Powerful Quarantine Ideas That Will Empower You.
Now tell me what is your idea of self-care? What are you doing to nurture that need in your life? Please share in the comments.