Have you ever wondered what you would do if you received an all expense paid trip to the makeup store? Imagine dreaming about makeup and then the next day receiving an Ulta Beauty gift card in the mail. As a bonafide makeup lover, I have often wondered what I would do with a free pass to the beauty store. Well, I finally got my chance to find out!
Ironically, I never dreamed of an all expense paid trip to the makeup store, but I did win a gift card to Ulta! The entire experience was better than anything I could have dreamed. As luck would have it, Christmas came early for me this year in the form of a $350 Ulta Beauty gift card. I. Lost. My. Mind. Now, I am going to tell you how I showed out in the store!
First of all, I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but somehow the universe conspired to answer a prayer for me by sending me this wonderful gift. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait until December! Besides, everybody knows how much I love makeup.
Interestingly, prior to winning, I had been wondering why my palms were itching. I don’t know if it was my female intuition or what, but I just knew that I was about to get something and I did! Anyhow, I have been hanging out in my favorite chat group xoTribe curated by Necole Kane, creator of xoNecole. While I was minding the tribe business and in my own world, a fun little survey came across my screen so I had to indulge. Between the group discussions, workshops, and different surveys, I can’t get enough of all the valuable gems that are dropped daily. As much as I engage the group, I was bound to win something!
Still, I can barely remember the beauty survey that led me to win the gift. I completed it out of mere curiosity, but I had completely forgotten all about it. Then, a few days later they announced that they had a winner and I was it!
I still can’t remember the last time I won anything. This is up there with asking Santa for a bike and receiving the exact color, size and brand of which was asked. To be honest, I could have gotten $20 and I would have been equally as happy! Instead, I learned that it was for $350! Do you know how much damage I can do with $350 in a beauty store?
Well, allow me to tell you…
As soon as I received my card in the mail, I started plotting and planning. I even took the time to make a list just in case I forgot to look for something even though I knew I was going to peruse the entire store. Despite going through all of this trouble, I managed to forget the list at home anyway.
In spite of it all, here’s what I purchased:
- The very first item on my list was the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pen in Dark Brown for $22. I am obsessed with their Brow Wiz Skinny Brow Pencil. I knew I would be equally as obsessed with this precise pen to get my eyebrows picture perfect. Trust me, this is a must have if you want to get your eyebrow on point.
- I still bought another Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Skinny Brow Pencil for $23 to use in conjunction with the brow pen. I am so glad I did, too, because they work perfectly together.
- Since the eyes are the windows to the soul, I am determined to learn to master the wing eye look. I chose Benefit Roller Liner to accomplish this for $22. I have been practicing all weekend. I haven’t gotten it yet, but give me time. I promise you I will be an expert. This eyeliner is an excellent eyeliner choice.
- Next, on my list was foundation. Even though I use foundation sticks mainly, I still wanted to invest in another liquid foundation for backup. I have always loved Kat Von D Vegan Lock-It Foundation. I am so lucky to know my shade because you can no longer test products at Ulta. Therefore, I was winging it. I got it just right for the bargain price of $37. KVD Foundation is perfect for warm skinned girls with red and olive undertones. Thank me later, ladies!
- As much as I love my KVD foundation, it can’t do all of the work for alone. I still need concealer to complete my look. Hence, the reason I got three different concealers to be safe. I am a huge fan of Morphe Fluidity concealer for $10. That really is a good price, but there was only one problem. I got the wrong color. They were out of my regular color so I improvised and it turned out to be off. However, I still got ColourPop Pretty Fresh Concealer for $9. It was a little off, also, but the quality is great for price. The last one was KKW Beauty Creme Contour & Highlight Set in Medium. I should have gotten it in Dark, but it still works for $32. That is high for the wrong color, but the greater value is the KKW Beauty Concealer Brush II for $18. I absolutely love it! If you like to contour your makeup, then you will find great value in this product.
- Once I got my foundation and concealer, I had to get blush and bronzer. I chose BHC chocolate Marshmallow Truffle four-color blush palette for $12. It’s the perfect palette for any complexion with its nude colors. Then, I got the Morphe Glamabronze Face and Body Bronzer in Trailblazer for $19. I topped it off with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Champagne Pop Highlighter for $38. I splurged, but I cannot imagine not having the perfect highlighter!
- I’m not a big eye shadow person, but I like eye shadow. So, I couldn’t leave without a nice eye shadow palette. Since it’s Fall, I wanted some pretty Fall colors. Instead of my typical brown, blue or black, I decided to go with rich purples. I got two Juvia’s palettes: violets and berries for $14 each. On top of those beautiful purples, I plan to top off my eyes with EYLURE London Luxe XL Faux Mink lashes for $11.99. The special occasion kind!
- In order to get the look I want, I need new makeup brushes to accomplish the goal. I had to scoop up three three brushes: Morphe Large Duo Foundation Brush for $10, Morphe Contour Blender Brush for $5.45 (Buy one get one free), and Morphe Tapered Duo Blush for $5.45 (buy one get one free). I think I left one at the store. For my foundation brush, I got the Ecotools Custom Match Duo, which includes a flat top foundation brush for $14.99. A steal if you ask me with all the goodies included. It even comes with a little dish that holds three different colors for foundation mixing.
- My biggest flex came when I got my lip colors. I tried Beauty Bakerie for the first time and they did not disappoint. The three liquid matte lip colors that I purchased for $20 each are Syruptitious, Sangria Splash, and Cranberry Stiletto. I will probably be going back to purchase three more because the quality is impeccable. In keeping with my purple theme, I purchased two Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink lip colors for $9.49 each. For less than $10, I think this was a steal! Lastly, I had to get a lip gloss. So, I chose Milani Ludicrous Lip Gloss, Kiss From a Rose for $8.99.
- As I conclude this list, I had to include the one thing that I rarely shop for, but decided why not! That’s nail polish. I decided to try OPI Infinite Shine color in Do You See What I See for $13. It’s a pretty shimmering blue with a metallic look. It’s actually pretty cool!
I hope that you have concluded by now that I went over my $350. This is the short list, though! Initially, I had gone over to the tune of $640, but I politely asked the cashier to remove a few items. I still went over, but at least it wasn’t as outrageous as a $600 surplus. All in all, I am extremely happy with my products and I owe it all to my xoTribe! I don’t know who’s bright idea it was to give someone a gift card to a beauty store, but whichever sister it was deserves a raise! Thanks, Sis! Now for exclusive opportunities such as this, you should subscribe to the xoNecole newsletter at www.xonecole.com.
If you would like to get a better look at the products, then you can check out the video I created on my Youtube channel.
Tell me what you think about the product selection in the comments. What would you purchase with a $350 beauty gift card from ULTA? Let me know in the comments below. If you are curious about any of the products, I have provided links to those items, as well. Some are affiliate links and some are not. I receive a small commission on a few products. However, you are under no obligation to purchase or click on anything.
a. https://rb.gy/johghi-Anastasia BH Brow Pen
b. https://rb.gy/idsum4-Anastasia BH Skinny Pencil
c. https://rb.gy/heybxu-Benefit Cosmetics Roller Liner
d. https://rb.gy/fh8too-Kat Von D Vegan Foundation
e. https://rb.gy/rnmatm-Morphe Fluidity Concealer
f. https://rb.gy/05y1dy-ColourPop Pretty Fresh Concealer
g. https://rb.gy/1tp725-KKW Beauty Creme Contour Kit
h. https://rb.gy/kv1tcj-KKW Beauty Concealer Brush II
I. https://rb.gy/xsxfr7-BHC Truffle Chocolate Marshmallow Blush
J. https://rb.gy/lwei8r-Morphe Glamabronze Face and Body Bronzer
K. https://rb.gy/cwa3lj-Becca Shimmering Skin in Champagne
l. https://rb.gy/3qc2om-Juvia’s Berries eyeshadow pallette
m. https://rb.gy/8lblug-Juvia’s Violets eyeshadow palette
n. https://rb.gy/vjrnrt-Eylure London Luxe Eyelashes
p. https://rb.gy/dtkqo2-Beauty Bakerie Matte Lip Whip
q. https://rb.gy/sdfxu0-Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
r. https://rb.gy/1m73ai-Milani Ludicrous Lip gloss
s. https://rb.gy/oekxiy-OPI Infinite Shine Nail Polish